About Me

My photo
London, Glamoursmith, United Kingdom
This blog details my journey from February 2007 through my training and and preperation for what was initially Ironman UK in August 2007. Now having completed my 4th Ironman in 15 months I am preparing for the 2009 season as part of Team Wiggle supported by the fantastic guys at www.wiggle.co.uk

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Race Entry

This week I have been busy entering races and trying to find some suitable time trial to give the Izalco Chrono a chance to run. This weekend I am hitting the start line of the Fast and Furious duathlon run by White Oaks Triathlon club in Kent. It is a 5km run, 22km bike and 5km run. I'm really looking forward to it as I haven't done a duathlon before. It will be interesting to see how I race on it this weekend, this will be my first race since Ironman Arizona last November and keen to get that 'race' feeling back. I have been out a few times in the past few days on the Focus Chrono riding laps of Regents Park. It is a speed machine! I feel like a piece of origami folded up on it, the aerodynamics are so cool! I am so impressed with this bike, it is a dream to ride and handles beautifully. The Dutchman and I went to Nice last weekend to train...and it rained ALL weekend which certainly put a dent in the amount of riding we wanted to do. Next week we are in France again, starting in Nice and spending 5 days riding with 4 friends out through Provence. Hopefully the weather will be better, but too bad if it isn't, we are going anyway! I'm really into the swing of things now and loving the training. The hard graft of the past few months is starting to pay off and my times are going down. I love this part of the year when it starts to come together. Thursday is track night at Parliament Hill with Terry and some of the other athletes he trains and it is the session I probably dread most. There is no where to hide and the clock does not lie. Last weeks session was 10*400m at max with 1.30 - 2 min recovery. I was very pleased to see that not only were my times very consistent across the 10, but they were also 5-6 seconds faster than 3 weeks ago. I was trying to explain to my mother how it is a good thing if after each lap you want to throw up as it means you are working hard. She wasn't having a bar of it and wanted to know if I was ill, she didn't specify physically or mentally :) So, more next week after the duathlon! Happy training.Cx

No comments: