About Me

My photo
London, Glamoursmith, United Kingdom
This blog details my journey from February 2007 through my training and and preperation for what was initially Ironman UK in August 2007. Now having completed my 4th Ironman in 15 months I am preparing for the 2009 season as part of Team Wiggle supported by the fantastic guys at www.wiggle.co.uk

Monday, November 12, 2007

Back on board

Back on board
I got on my rollers tonight for the first time in months. The great thing is, I can get through 2 episodes in sex in the city and do my workout! I was so shocked I didn't fall off, those things are tough!
Spent the weekend in Padstow for Ellie's birthday. Someone in ticket bookings was having a laugh when they booked 13 people into a quiet carriage on a 4 hour train journey on a Friday night. We did manage to drink the bar dry of wine.
Ellie booked us into Rick Steins seafood restaurant for lunch on Saturday which was gorgeous and.....Jamie proposed in the most romantic way...he gave Ellie a Tiffany's key ring with 'will you marry me' engraved on the back. Imagine 15 people all screaming at once. It was great, the entire restaurant was cheering and clapping.
This isn't the place to talk about what some people got up to but apparently some of my friends secretly favour themselves as pole dancers and some others as cross eyed lesbians. Extreamly entertaining evening.
Sunday was hanging out in the pub curing the hangover with a bloody mary or 2 till the flight back. The B&B Corinna and I stayed in was gorgeous. Such a beautiful place that has recently been done up by the owners Mary & Mike.
Really loving being back training and as always I am amazed at how quickly you can lose fitness. I am running twice a week and cycling once or twice and then lots of flexibility and stretching. I started pilates which I am still not sure of. I have that every Thu lunch so will keep going and see what happens. I sorted out Austria today, Antoinette is coming with me so we have an apartment for the 4 nights we are there. Also booked our ski trip to Austria in Feb. Have to make sure I get in lots of weight work before then and strengthen everything up. I can't afford an injury at the end of Feb.
And finally, this is the message I received from a man on a dating website...Hello Beautiful, how r u today, it would be great to chat, see if we get on. look forward to ur reply. Chou bello.xxx
Carolyn x

No comments: