About Me

My photo
London, Glamoursmith, United Kingdom
This blog details my journey from February 2007 through my training and and preperation for what was initially Ironman UK in August 2007. Now having completed my 4th Ironman in 15 months I am preparing for the 2009 season as part of Team Wiggle supported by the fantastic guys at www.wiggle.co.uk

Friday, November 2, 2007

Here we go again...

Here we go again...
I met with Rich, my coach, on Wednesday night to go through a rough plan in order to qualify for Hawaii next year. Bad news is I am going to have to pull 2 stellar performances out of the bag which means 2 peaks. 1 in Austria in July and another in Florida in November. At least I have the experience now and they are far enough apart we can plan for it.

There is certainly something odd about a coach and athlete meeting up to talk strategy for an Ironman season...and drinking 4 pints in the process :) Rich has been off the booze for about 5 years and me for about 6 months (that is the Aussie equivalent of 5 years). I don't this is going to make it into the training plan for next year!

We have agreed I will start light training again next week, I am still not back on my feet after Hawaii so need a bit more rest. Winter is going to be focused on building strength and endurance and a marathon in Feb with a 3:15 aim. I need to be doing those sorts of times in IM, so if I can do it in a straight marathon in the pre season it puts me in a good position to achieve a 3:20ish in Austria.

I started swimming last night with the swim for tri guys which I love. It is the ideal swim session for me because I get the social aspect but am also put against people of the same ability. I am pleased to say that I was moved up to a faster lane last night so something went right in all the km's I have swum this year!

I am planning on getting back out on the bike with the Ironhead guys on the 17th November. I cycled over to Netball this week and there is still some deep pain in my hip flexors. Just takes time to heal. Netball is going great, we play the final next week and we are miles ahead in points so we have already won the comp regardless of next weeks result. We have had a really fantastic season with some really strong players. We have been lucky that w have been able to draft in people like Stephanie and Jen who were both state players back in Aus when we needed to have someone to fill in.

I have also come out of denial about my upcoming 30th in Jan 08 and have booked myself a flight to Rome to spend it there with a few close friends. I couldn't think of a better place to be, great food, wine and wonderful sights. I have been to Rome 4 times now so I don't feel any pressure to do lots of sightseeing. just relax and take it all in. There will of course be a big party in London too!

Having dinner with Fiona tonight, her and Andrew got engaged last week which is just wonderful. They make such a fantastic couple. I have started calling her sparkles due to all the diamonds dripping off her. Andrew bought her a diamond watch for her bday and then a gorgeous engagement ring a few days later. Lucky girl ;)

The channel 4 Sherborne show is on at 8:25 on Sunday so might get to see some shots of me. Not sure what they are planning in terms of a lead in to the Kona show which is next and is the one about me. Have to wait and see! Have a great weekend!
C x

No comments: