About Me

My photo
London, Glamoursmith, United Kingdom
This blog details my journey from February 2007 through my training and and preperation for what was initially Ironman UK in August 2007. Now having completed my 4th Ironman in 15 months I am preparing for the 2009 season as part of Team Wiggle supported by the fantastic guys at www.wiggle.co.uk

Thursday, September 20, 2007

General Update :) 20 September 2007

17:02:22 o'clock BST
General Update :)
My knee is getting better, but not good enough to do any decent running. I ran yesterday as I started a running club at AOL a few months back where I encourage people into coming out and doing 5km at lunch on a Wednesday. I then take the times of everyone and support them in improving their times. This week I paced one of the girls, Tonja, in for a sub 25. She did so well, although at one point I think she was close to telling me to shove it :)

I am back into doing quality training and I have really found my focus again so have been getting up a bit before 6 this week to do 1.5 - 2 hours and then go to physio. This morning I rode to Richmond Park and rode around there for a bit concentrating on hills and then back for a run. It is so lovely being in there when there isn't any traffic or many cyclists, the deer are close to the road and you feel like you could be in the middle of nowhere. I only managed 10 min run when I got back before I had to stop, just way to painful.

I am also back playing netball with the Tickled Pink girls from lastminute.com at Pimlico on a Tuesday night. I gave it up going into IMUK because I didn't want to risk injury. I managed to do some serious ligament damage in my ankle 2 years ago which meant 4 months off running so I didn't want to risk it.

The team has been playing together for 4 years now and finally we are doing really well. We have only lost 1 game this season, it has taken us a while but we really work well together and everyone is really strong. We are winning by big margins too, last week was 28 - 14 and we are now top of the table.

So I am now best friends with my physio! She is an Aussie chick from Adelaide, in fact she was one of the rising stars of Australian swimming when she was younger so she understands the pressure of athletic performance and getting me back out there as quickly as possible. Natasha is her name and she was really sweet this morning, she told me she was worried that her holiday dates were going to clash with me going to Hawaii as she wants to work with me right up until I go and ensure I am fit.

Sammy and I are off to Malta tomorrow. He has been an amazing support to me over the last few months and very understanding, so this is the just focus on you and not my bike/running/swimming for a few days. Our relationship has been tested more than once due to my commitment to triathlon. We booked this trip some time ago, I obviously didn't know I would be going to Hawaii so it isn't a great time to be taking time off from training but on the plus side it will be a good chance for me to get in some non wetsuit open water training. When I suggested that maybe Sam could get a rowboat and hand energy gels to me the look he gave me was enough for me to know it wasn't going to happen ;) As on all holidays the running shoes are standard. It is a great way to check out the surroundings. Oh no! I just checked the weather and it is going to be raining!! NOOOOOOOO!!! That isn't in the plan!

Have a great weekend!
C x

No comments: