About Me

My photo
London, Glamoursmith, United Kingdom
This blog details my journey from February 2007 through my training and and preperation for what was initially Ironman UK in August 2007. Now having completed my 4th Ironman in 15 months I am preparing for the 2009 season as part of Team Wiggle supported by the fantastic guys at www.wiggle.co.uk

Monday, September 17, 2007

Woo Hoo!! 17 September 2007

13:57:32 o'clock BST Feeling Ecstatic
Woo Hoo!!
Fantastic training sessions on the weekend, I am back baby! Went out on Saturday morning and did 5 hours on my own, really needed to do it. I screwed up my nutrition and didn't have enough for breakfast so that hurt me on the last 10km's coming back in. I went up Box Hill twice, once on the way out on the A24 and once on the way back to get a cup of coffee. Somehow I resisted the lovely jam sponge cake they had sitting there!
The A24 to Worthing is a such a bumpy road. It is exhausting riding along it, I did it because I didn't want to risk getting lost and I knew roughly where I could turn around safely at the 70km mark. Don't think I would do it on my own again, was a bit scary at times with cars shooting past really close.
I ran yesterday for the 1st time in a month, I managed 30 mins with some pain in my knee, but paying the price for it today. I have a massage tonight to try and relieve my incredibly tight ITB's, physio and ultrasound therapy tomorrow morning on the ligaments and more massage on Wednesday. It is getting better, I am just impatient!
Went to see the Brian Wilson concert last night, brilliant. Sam is a massive fan so I went along thinking it was going to be dull, but I was pleasantly surprised. We were the youngest people there by 20 years but it was a great atmosphere. I keep cracking up at the guy sitting next to me who no matter how hard he tried couldn't clap in time. Massive band, there are about 12 of them, 20 at one stage. Really cool concert.
Back into the training tonight, doing some cycling and then off to the pool first thing tomorrow before physio and getting my knee cap strapped again.
Have fun! C x
ps less than 4 weeks to Kona!

No comments: