About Me

My photo
London, Glamoursmith, United Kingdom
This blog details my journey from February 2007 through my training and and preperation for what was initially Ironman UK in August 2007. Now having completed my 4th Ironman in 15 months I am preparing for the 2009 season as part of Team Wiggle supported by the fantastic guys at www.wiggle.co.uk

Thursday, September 27, 2007

I'm Back! 27 September 2007

Malta was brilliant! We had such a lovely time and the hotel was gorgeous. We spent a lot of time next to the pool! We did go out for a run along the promenade one morning but that was about it for running. I got food poisoning from some mussels so that put me out of action for a day or so.
Hawaii is fast approaching, less than 2 weeks till we head over there. The great news is that my knee is holding up and mending really well. I managed to run a bit over 5km yesterday in 22 min with minimal pain which was really encouraging. I needed to know I could do that.
I sent off my top yesterday with the branding on it for it to be printed, really excited because it is going to look great with the Loopy Love, AOL and TriUK brands on it. It a really nice Zoot outfit which was a great score from TriUK. They sent me some fantastic things as part of the sponsorship deal.
The film crew are coming into my office on Tuesday to interview me here and then we are going to head up to Hyde park to get some shots of me training. I am looking forward to it, it should be a laugh!
Antoinette has been checking out the weather in Hawaii, great weather to be on the beach drinking cocktails! It is over 30 degrees every day. I am not too worried about the heat, it is going to be tough because I have only raced once this year in the heat, every other time was in the wind and cold! Thats the British summer for you!
I know I can race when it is hot, but I have obviously never had to do an ironman in those conditions. I am good at keeping up my fluids and I know I can run when it is hot. I remember when I lived in Sydney I used to go out in 32 - 33 degree heat regularly to run. Maybe my body will remember that!! Lets hope!
The support from my colleagues has been amazing, I think everyone knows I have a knee injury and it is really nice that people are asking how the training is going. I am starting to get really excited about the race now, I just want to get out there and do it!
I have had to admit that summer (if that's what you can call it) is now over. I went out cycling last night in totally inappropriate clothing, shorts and a long sleeve top. I made it to Putney to meet Sam and then pulled the pin, way way too cold. I am feeling OK about the level of training I am doing at the moment, I would like to be doing more but I don't have time now, I need to keep up the intensity but make them short sharp sessions.
The press release from AOL is going out on Monday, I'll post it up here after it has gone out :)
Take it easy
C x

No comments: