About Me

My photo
London, Glamoursmith, United Kingdom
This blog details my journey from February 2007 through my training and and preperation for what was initially Ironman UK in August 2007. Now having completed my 4th Ironman in 15 months I am preparing for the 2009 season as part of Team Wiggle supported by the fantastic guys at www.wiggle.co.uk

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Settling into the off season

Settling into the off season
Things have started to settle down, I am feeling better and really ready just to take it easy. I went for a short run a couple of days ago and it felt OK, when I feel back on form I am looking forward to running and leaving my watch at home. No pressure training.
I collected my bike from Sam on Wednesday night. I am really sad it is over, but I know it was the right thing to do. In hindsight there were too many differences for us to overcome. Unfortunately, in the very wise words of my friend Claire, love just isn't enough.
Corinna pointed out that relationships that don't work out are like paving stones in the road to the right one. I have to say, this road is getting very long!
Fiona and Andrew got engaged this week which is just brilliant. I have started calling her Sparkles, she got a diamond watch for her birthday followed up with a very nice engagement ring a day later. The man has impeccable taste in jewellery.
Last night was out with the Ironhead Racing boys. Everyone is at the end of the season so it was nice and relaxed. Met up in Covent Garden at the Porterhouse which I was surprised to see was full of older men or groups of Aussies. I wasn't expecting that, maybe it was overflow from the Walkabout :)
We scarpered out of there and went to the Roundhouse which had Star on tap so I was happy :) It has been about 6 months now since I have been off the booze, so during that time it was rare for me to be on one of the last tube's home. I really did forget how entertaining it could be.
I am still shrinking, it is really strange because I don't really have an appetite so I'm not eating too much but I'm not doing crazy exercise (30min in an entire week). I think being ill hasn't helped but I am losing weight from strange places like my fingers and wrists. I was just talking to Mum and thanks to genetics I am never going to lose it from my chest or bottom! I am down to 58kg which is 1kg lighter than my race weight. I have started drinking again so no doubt it will pile on again quickly enough. Breakups and Ironman - The Carolyn Hewett Diet.
Have a great weekend!
C x

No comments: