About Me

My photo
London, Glamoursmith, United Kingdom
This blog details my journey from February 2007 through my training and and preperation for what was initially Ironman UK in August 2007. Now having completed my 4th Ironman in 15 months I am preparing for the 2009 season as part of Team Wiggle supported by the fantastic guys at www.wiggle.co.uk

Monday, October 22, 2007

London 22 October 2007

London
I''m back! I am so tired so taking it easy at the moment. I am trying to get in to see my doctor as I suspect I may have stirred up my chronic fatigue again as I constantly have that drained exhausted feeling, or it could be becuase I just did another ironman :)
I have decided to draw a line under the 2007 season and call it quits. No more races this year and if I do want to train it will be without a watch, I just need to recover. Mentally and physically.
I have had nightmares every night since the race about the wind in Kona. I have this dream that I am going flat out on my bike but I can't get away from whatever is chasing me because the wind is so strong.
When you get body marked you get stamped with thick black numbers, which means the sun doesn't get through. I have now tanned around the 1757 that was stamped on each arm and it looks pretty funny :) I call them my Hawaii Tattoos.
I worked out today that I ate 35 gels and 2 power bars throughout the course of the day. No wonder I couldn't sleep that night, but they do work!
I also dumped Sam after we had this stupid fight in Hawaii and he managed to ignore me for the entire flight home. Not an easy feat I am sure. The incredible part was when he acted surprised when I dumped him saying I deserve better than that and that I want a man in my life not a child.
Physically I am getting better, but still so tired. The burns on my back are slowly healing, I have managed to hang onto my big toe nail that was threatening to leave and I don't have any aches or pains. No problems with my knee which is really encouraging.
I reckon it will only be about 5 days before I have been for a run... :)
C x

No comments: